Learning to Meditate
Take in the scenic views at our Stafford apartments when you practice these meditation techniques to relieve daily stress.
Share your favorite stress-relieving tip on our Facebook page!
- Plan time in your schedule. Mornings are best, but experiment to find out what works for you. Don\'t schedule more than 15 minutes, especially at the beginning.
- Sit straight on level ground to make sure your breathing won\'t be impaired. If you\'re inside, use a cushion if the floor is uncomfortable.
- Relax every part of your body. Consciously review each section from head to toe, focusing on areas of tension.
- Focus on your breathing in an impartial way, using it to empty your mind of distractions. It may help to center yourself by repeating a word or visualizing yourself in a peaceful place.
- Once you\'ve eliminated the extraneous \'noise\' in your head, aim for a totally clear, silent mind. This may take a while to achieve, but it\'s the ultimate goal of meditation.